Algonquin College is offering up to 16 entrance scholarships for fall 2017 intake. These scholarships will be available for first-year, first-term post-secondary international students based on Academic merit.
Algonquin welcomes highly qualified students from around the world.
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology is a publicly funded English-language college and member of Polytechnics Canada located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
This scholarship is meant to reward those applicants who have above average grades and English language proficiency.
Course Level: Scholarships is available for post-secondary education.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships is awarded in all the subjects available at the university.
Scholarship Award: Each successful student will receive $3000.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
- The student must be an international student, paying full international student fees and not receiving any other scholarships or bursaries.
- The student must be accepted into their program for the upcoming academic semester and have completed all conditions. (Students in the English for Academic Purposes program leading to post-secondary Algonquin Programs, please refer to the International EAP Student Scholarship program).
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: This scholarship is for first-year, first-term post-secondary international Algonquin College students and is based on latest transcripts and a personal statement.
English Language Requirement: If applicant’s first language is not English, they will need to complete a language assessment. Each program has published minimum scores for program eligibility.
How to Apply: Please only apply after applicant have received a Letter of Acceptance and have met all conditions. Student must submit a completed International Student Scholarship application package including:
- Completed scholarship application form
- 500-word personal statement explaining how and why student chose their field of study and what skills, knowledge and contribution they bring to the program and to Algonquin College
- Copy of Academic Transcripts
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores if student is not from an English speaking country
Application Deadline: The application deadline for Winter 2017 intake is October 30, 2016.