Aalto University and the University of Helsinki, the two leading universities in Finland in computer science and information technology, are currently looking for several postdoctoral researchers or research fellows in ICT. Up to 20 Postdoctoral Researchers and Research Fellow Positions in ICT (Helsinki, Finland) are available.
The salary for the position is between 3 450 and 3 700 EUR per month depending on experience and qualifications. In addition to the salary, the contract includes occupational health benefits and Finland has a comprehensive social security system.
The Helsinki Metropolitan area forms a world-class information technology hub, attracting leading scientists and researchers in various fields of ICT and related disciplines. Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing a postdoctoral research program.
Study Subject: Positions are available in the following areas (please indicate in your application the areas you are interested in, and give motivations for your selections):
- HIIT Research Programme on Computational Inference, Professors Samuel Kaski, Jukka Corander, Petri Myllymäki, Antti Oulasvirta, Matti Pirinen, Aki Vehtari
- HIIT Research Programme on Foundations of Computational Health, Professors Juho Rousu, Veli Mäkinen, Tero Aittokallio, Aristides Gionis, Keijo Heljanko, Jari Saramäki
- HIIT Research Programme on Building Trust in Secure Computing Systems (BURST),Professors Tuomas Aura, N. Asokan, Valtteri Niemi, Stavros Tripakis, Sasu Tarkoma
- HIIT Research Programme on Augmented Research (AR), Professors Giulio Jacucci, Samuel Kaski, Petri Myllymäki, Aristides Gionis, Sasu Tarkoma, Niklas Ravaja
- Information Retrieval, Human-Computer Interaction HCI, Machine Learning, Professor Giulio Jacucci
- Adaptive and immersive environments for augmented social interaction, Professor Giulio Jacucci
- Complex Systems Computation, Professor Petri Myllymäki
- Internet of Things, Professor Mario Di Francesco
- Creative software: automated text generation, adaptive software architectures, Professors Hannu Toivonen, Tomi Männistö
- Machine Learning and Adaptive User Interfaces, Professors Antti Oulasvirta, Jukka Corander, Samuel Kaski
- Probabilistic Machine Learning, Professor Samuel Kaski
- Probabilistic machine learning for precision medicine and data-driven healthcare, Professor Samuel Kaski
- Machine learning for high-dimensional and structured data, Professors Hiroshi Mamitsuka, Samuel Kaski
- Solver technology for answer-set programming, Professor Ilkka Niemelä, Dr. Tomi Janhunen
- High-throughput bioinformatics and regulatory genomics, Professor Harri Lähdesmäki
- Probabilistic modeling for biomedicine and personalized medicine, Professor Harri Lähdesmäki
- Mobile Computing and Systems, Professor Antti Ylä-Jääski, Dr. Matti Siekkinen
Scholarship Award: The salary for the position is between 3 450 and 3 700 EUR per month depending on experience and qualifications. In addition to the salary, the contract includes occupational health benefits and Finland has a comprehensive social security system. The annual total workload of research and teaching staff at recruiting universities is 1 600 hours. The position is located at Aalto University’s Otaniemi campus or University of Helsinki’s Kumpula campus.
Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these positions:
The candidate should have a Ph.D. and are expected to have an excellent track record in scientific research in one or several fields of computer science. Good command of English is a necessary prerequisite. In the review process, particular emphasis is put on the quality of the candidate’s previous research and international experience, together with the substance, innovativeness, and feasibility of the research plan, and its relevance to the research group or groups in question. Efficient and successful completion of studies is considered an additional merit.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The candidate should have a Ph.D. and are expected to have an excellent track record in scientific research in one or several fields of computer science.
English language Requirements: Good command of English is a necessary prerequisite.
How to Apply: The application for the position should contain (in single pdf document named as lastname_firstname_application_2016-09-30.pdf):
- Motivation letter including a tentative plan for the research work (1-5 pages)
- List of publications
- A transcript of the doctoral studies and degree certificate of the Ph.D. degree
All material should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned. Short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview either at the Otaniemi or Kumpula campus or for an interview conducted via Skype. The recruiting universities reserve the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
Application Deadline: The applications for the postdoctoral researcher position are to be submitted through the eRecruitment system no later than September 30, 2016.