Job Title: Network Administrator
Organization: FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Systems Manager
About FINCA Uganda:
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) is a subsidiary of FINCA International that is based in Washington DC, USA serving nearly two million clients in 23 countries across 5 continents. FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) was the first licensed micro finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Network Administrator will primarily ensure systems and network uptime is maintained up to standard and all system/network related issues that impact the business operations are resolved in timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with identifying opportunities and recommending solutions for improving the overall network health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure network and systems uptime as per the SLA
- Keenly analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware and software to management/users
- Develop and maintain network standards and keep all documentation relating to network infrastructure and systems
- Update procedures and manuals relating to the job function
- Ensures all system and network issues that impact the business are resolved timely
- Coordinates and participates in meetings to discuss SLAs with network providers
- Proactively communicates the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues to management
- Regularly monitors and reports the performance of network components against KPIs and takes preemptive measures to minimize interruptions
- Ensure all applications are licensed
- Ensure system, applications and user documents are regularly backed up Ensure network and applications security is maintained
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Network Administrator job placement must hold a first degree in Electrical Engineering, IT or Computer Engineering
- Professional IT certifications e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CCNR N+, ITIL
- Possession of a Master’s degree in IT Security, IS Management an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd April 2017