United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe
Job Title: Facilities Management Assistant
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: RSCE/GJO/LL/006/12-2016
Reports to: FCM Unit Supervisor
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
The Regional Service Centre, as approved by the Member States, is owned, managed and staffed by the regional missions it serves. This framework reinforces the existing missions’ chain of command structures and lines of authority in a manner that does not create an additional layer between Headquarters and the regional missions. It also ensures that staffing for RSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Facilities Management Assistant will assist in coordinating routine maintenance, cleaning, gardening, garbage collection and fumigation activities, and preparation of ESB/RSCE offices, conference rooms, Transit Camp and ancillary buildings, and similarly take care of MONUSCO facilities at Entebbe Airport and Kampala Head Office, as assigned
- The incumbent will provide facilities maintenance assistance in client offices as requested via Engineering/FCM help desk (using Ineed) for all missions under RSCE
- Work closely with the cleaning contractor to ensure that the pest control (fumigation), garbage collection, sewage removal, cleaning and gardening services are provided in a timely manner and that proper safety practices are observed at all times
- Manage and coordinate moves of offices and staff from one location to another
- Prepare and follow-up on Work Orders for building maintenance and minor engineering works at the ESB, the MONUSCO Air Terminal, and the Kampala Head Office
- Regularly monitor and support rotation of contingents (troops) at the MONUSCO Air Terminal / Transit Camp and keep records of incoming and outgoing contingents for all Missions supported by the ESB
- Assist the FCM Unit Supervisor in preparing of FCM daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Report to FCM Supervisor alt complaints, incidents, operational support requests, and status of the MONUSCO ESB Transit Camp and the ESB as a whole
- Co-ordinate /liaise with other Sections/Units like Administration, Log Ops, Supply (Rations) to ensure that tasks assigned are being carried out in timely manner
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superiors
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contributes in supervising FCM contractors’ activities and reporting through timely submission of accurate information.
- Provides and maintains accurate records
- Properly routes and prioritizes Work Orders.
- Provides administrative support to the Unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Facilities Management Assistant job should have completed a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Hold a certificate in a relevant technical field (Building/ Civil/ Plumbing/ Electrical/ Architecture/ Facilities Management) is desirable.
- At least three years’ experience in Facilities Camp Management is required.
- Previous experience working in construction industry/building management or related area is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of the Organization’s rules and regulations pertaining to Facilities/Camp Management, supervision of contractors’ works. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult situations or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; shows commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve Organizational goals; solicits inputs by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications the following documents:
- The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), Download Here; This should be signed
- Proof of required academic certificates i.e. Academic Certificate(s) and/or High School/Secondary Diplomas
- Latest performance evaluation reports / appraisals
The applicants with the completed documents are strongly encouraged to apply via e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number (check beginning of this advert) and Job Title to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5th January 2017