The University of Melbourne is offering McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships Program for international applicants to study in Australia.
The Fellowship Scheme aims to recruit new researchers who have the potential to build and lead cross-disciplinary collaborative research activities inside and across faculties.
Each Fellowship will be awarded starting at Academic Level A6 in the University Salary Band (currently $84,458 plus a minimum 9.5% superannuation) with an additional single allocation of $25,000 for project costs over the term of the three-year Fellowship. 3.2 This Program does not provide visa or relocation expenses.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: The objectives of the 2017 program are to attract talented recent doctoral graduates in areas of research priority for the University. They should promote research that aligns with the Research at Melbourne initiative.
Scholarship Award: The University will fund the Fellowships for a three-year appointment commencing at Level A.6 in the University salary band plus superannuation.
Fellows will receive an additional $25,000 to be spent on project costs over the term of their Fellowship. Awards will be for a maximum of three years commencing 1 January 2017, but the start date may be deferred up to 30 June 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Applicants must have evidence of the award of a Ph.D. from a university other than the University of Melbourne by the closing date. The date of award is considered to be the date of the official notification letter. The Ph.D. must have been awarded no earlier than 1 January 2014.
- The McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for applicants who do not hold a fixed term or continuing appointment of greater than one-year duration at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicants may be drawn from any field in which the University has research strength, and must have an ability to contribute to research collaborations and programs across faculties or disciplines
- Applicants will be required to provide a declaration of support from the department/school in which they would be located if successful, but the criteria for selection will be university-based
- Assessment will take account of achievement relative to opportunity.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have evidence of the award of a Ph.D. from a university other than the University of Melbourne by the closing date.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications must be a single pdf file using the filename format ‘McKenzie_2017_SURNAME OF APPLICANT’. Applications must be submitted via email to mckenzie-application-at-unimelb.edu.au Subject: McKenzie 2017 – Application – SURNAME OF APPLICANT.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is 26 September 2016.