A position as post-doctoral research fellow is available at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Dept. of Hepato-pancreato-biliary Surgery, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in cell biology, molecular biology or equal. A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Pancreatic Cancer Stroma Biology at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Scholarship Award: They can offer:
- A challenging and friendly international working environment with broad expertise in molecular biology and pathology.
- Access to state of the art facilities and resources for biomedical research in the Department of Pathology and Department of Pharmacology.
- These positions will be placed as SKO 1352 – Postdoc fellow with salary range depending on qualifications: NOK 486 100 – NOK 567 100
- Favourable welfare and pension arrangements.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: Applicants should hold a PhD degree in molecular cell biology, biochemistry, or pharmacology, equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Medicine/Life sciences. Successful applicants must have obtained their degree prior to taking on the position. Experience with molecular biology techniques is an advantage. Previous experience in stromal biology research is preferable. Special weight will be accorded to academic skills and demonstrated excellence in research. Good collaborative and communications skills are essential, as well as the ability to work independently. A good command of English is required. Applicants may be called in for an interview.
They are looking for a Researcher who has:
- High working capacity
- Strong motivation and interest in solving biological problems
- Ability to design, plan and interpret original experiments in an independent and innovative manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should hold a PhD degree in molecular cell biology, biochemistry, or pharmacology, equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Medicine/Life sciences.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the Ph.D. degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Motivation and research plans (max 2 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, employments within and/or outside of academia)
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee (not complete articles)
- Copies of educational certificates and relevant grades
- Name, email and telephone number of 2-3 referees (describe relation to applicant)
- The application with attachments should be a single pdf file that includes a covering letter summarizing all of these items.
The application with all attachments must be submitted via our electronic recruitment system EasyCruit.
International applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 7th November 2016.