Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Molecular Biologist position for international applicants. The position is available for an excellent and highly motivated experimental postdoc with interests in synthetic biology to engineer the minimal bacterium M. pneumoniae as chassis for vaccine production.
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, whose mission is to discover and advance knowledge for the benefit of society, public health and economic prosperity.
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, created in December 2000. It is a non-profit foundation funded by the Catalan Government through the Departments of Economy & Knowledge and Health, the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, the “la Caixa” Banking Foundation, and includes the participation of Pompeu Fabra University.
Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Position is available for pursuing Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: CRG is looking for an excellent and highly motivated experimental postdoc with interests in synthetic biology to engineer the minimal bacterium M. pneumonia as chassis for vaccine production. The approaches include molecular, biochemical, systems biology, and protein design tool, as well as assays in animals.
Scholarship Award: The Offer
- Duration: 1-year renewable contract up to 5 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: A competitive salary will be provided, which will be well matched relative to the cost of living in Barcelona, and adjusted according to experience
- Starting date: as soon as possible from October 2016.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this position:
- PhD in Biology-related areas
- Experience in systems biology and network analyses
- Knowledge in immunology
Technical skills required:
- Experience in engineering synthetic circuits
- Molecular biology, yeast and/or bacterial genome engineering
- Fluent level of English
- A highly motivated and organised candidate
- Passion for cell biology
- Capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonomy.
Nationality: Applicants of nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have PhD in Biology-related areas.
English language Requirements: Fluent level of English is required.
How to Apply: The mode of all application is online. All applications must include:
- A presentation letter addressed to Dr Luis Serrano.
- A full CV including contact details.
- Two contacts for further references.
Application Deadline: Please submit the application by September 19th of 2016.