Thammasat University Scholarships are now open to pursue Master of Arts in Asia-Pacific Studies (MAPS) for the year 2017. Applicants from all over the world, with particular focus in ASEAN countries, are welcome to apply.
Master of Arts in Asia-Pacific Studies (MAPS) is an interdisciplinary graduate program that is designed for internationally – focused students who wish to obtain an in-depth understanding of this fascinating and occasionally turbulent part of the world through multi-faceted and interdisciplinary lenses.
Formerly known as Thammasat Institute for Study of International Cooperation (TISIC), TIARA ventures into a new era as it was given the trust to expand and take responsibility of Area Studies within the University.
Thammasat University requires all students who are not native speakers to meet the minimum score of English proficiency as a graduation requirement; therefore, students who have not met minimum requirement or have not yet submitted English Proficiency Test score are required to submit an official report of English proficiency to the University upon graduation.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Master of Arts program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Asia Pacific Studies.
Scholarship Award: For scholarship applicant, the 1,000 Baht can be made on the first day of class (if you are accepted to the program). Just proceed with the application as usual.
Number of Scholarships: 10-12 awards (2017/18 Intake).
Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Eligibility: A Bachelor’s Degree in any field with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and above from an accredited university
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world, with particular focus in ASEAN countries, are welcome to apply.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement:
- The minimum requirement for English Proficiency is 6.5 for IELTS, 550 for paper-based TOEFL test, 79 for internet-based TOEFL test, and 213 for computer-based TOEFL test or 550 for TU-GET. The official score report of English Proficiency is valid only if the test was taken no more than 2 years prior to the last date of the application submission period.
- The requirement for English Proficiency does not apply for native English speakers.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Application & Requirement Checklist
- Application Form
- Official Transcript (certified copy) Original copy will be submitted at the time of registration
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Statement of Purpose & Study Plan
- One ID Photo (Passport size)
- ID or Passport Copy
- Evidence of Payment (Application Fee)
- If you enclose any additional document, please specify
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2017.