If you are an SBI customer, always keep your mobile number and email ID updated with the bank.
If you are an SBI customer, always keep your mobile number and email ID updated with the bank. SBI has said this through a tweet. The bank says that if you do not keep the mobile number / email ID updated, then you can be deprived of OTP, PIN activation message etc., account statement and important information or information sent by the bank.
Apart from this, the bank has implemented OTP based ATM withdrawal facility from 1 January 2020. Through this, the money from SBI ATM will be withdrawn only after inserting the OTP on the registered mobile number in the bank. This facility will be available for transactions of more than Rs 10,000 between 8 pm and 8 am at SBI ATM. With this new facility, unauthorized ATM cash withdrawal can be avoided. But this facility can be availed only when the customer’s mobile number is registered with SBI.
If you also want to update your new mobile number or email ID in SBI, this can be done from home.
- Log in to your SBI Internet banking account.
- Click on ‘My Accounts and Profile’.
- Select Profile and select ‘Personal details / Mobile’.
- Now you have to update the mobile number or email ID, click on it and enter new details.
From mobile apps
- Log in to SBI Mobile App.
- Go to ‘My Profile’ and click on the Edit icon.
- Click on the new Mobile Number / Email id.
- Enter new mobile number or email ID and generate OTP. It will come to your old registered number.
- Insert OTP and click on ‘Submit’
You can also update by going to the branch
You can also update your mobile number, email ID by going to the nearest branch of SBI. For this, you have to bring your identity proof i.e. Identity Proof.