There is an atmosphere of destruction due to the worldwide spread of corona virus. But most cases have mild or common symptoms, which do not require hospitalization. According to the New York Times, there is a need to act with restraint and understanding, not to panic in such a situation. Come, let us know what to do and what not to do if there is a possibility of infection of corona virus or test positive.
What to do if you suspect an infection?
- Have to keep safe. So call in advance
- You can also call the emergency room for a consultation
- Hospitals have a system of care for corona infected patients
- If you have flu-like symptoms, consider taking precautions and contact your doctor
Know this before going to the emergency room
- The emergency room is filled with patients. Doctors are busy. In this case, make sure that you really need it?
- Go to the emergency room and ask yourself, do you go to an emergency if you have phlegm or fever in normal condition? Probably the answer would be – no. Because phlegm, fever, sore throat and runny nose have hardly been an emergency in the past.
- Even if these symptoms are caused by the corona virus, in most cases it is not a case of emergency. Call your doctor first.
High-risk patients care
- Heart, kidney, diabetes and cancer patients also fall into this category.
- The doctor will consult your condition and see where and how the treatment is needed.
- High-risk patients should contact their doctor after symptoms appear.
- High-risk patients are those who suffer from asthma or lung disease or who have previously had pneumonia.
Take special precautions
- Patients stay in separate rooms. Keep in touch with others. Avoid contact with pets.
- Use a separate bathroom if possible. If the bathroom is shared, sanitize the patient after use.
- Keep food at the door of the patient.
- Use patient and care masks.
- Do not share food, towel or bed with the sick.
- Keep the common area open in the house and arrange for air ventilation. For this, keep the window open or use an air-conditioner.
How to keep clean while the patient is at home
- If the patient is home, avoid unnecessary contact with the patient in cleanliness.
- Provide tissue paper, towel, and disinfectant in the patient’s bedroom or bathroom.
- If sharing the bathroom is a compulsion, then the patient should clean it up after use as far as possible.
- After using the bathroom of the patient, the other member should wait as far as possible and use it only after cleaning and sterilizing.
- Always wash hands thoroughly after cleaning.
- If sharing a space with the patient, the other members wear gloves and disinfect doorbells, electric switches, taps, toilets and things the patient touches.
If these symptoms occur, then get emergency treatment
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), if these symptoms occur, get emergency treatment:
- Shortness of breath.
- Continuous chest pain or heaviness.
- Confusion or inability to wake up.
- Lips or face blue.
- Any symptoms that appear to be serious and worrisome.
How to take care at home if you have symptoms or test positive
- If you have all the symptoms of corona virus infection and have not been tested, then take precautions as an infection.
- Take care like flu patients in case of common symptoms.
- Eat things like liquids, soups.
- See temperature at regular intervals.
- If the patient is weak enough to eat or drink or go to the bathroom, call the doctor.
When to finish isolation at home
- The WHO recommends that the patient remain isolated for 14 days after symptoms have ended.
- But the CDC’s guideline states that in confirmed or unconfirmed cases of corona infection, these three things should be taken care of in isolation.
- Do not have fever for at least 72 hours without fever-reducing medicine.
- Other symptoms disappear (improvement in phlegm and shortness of breath).
- At least seven days have passed since the symptoms first appeared.
Other family members must go to work
No, if a person in the family is infected or suspected to be infected, the whole family should live in a 14-day quarantine.
How long will it take for the sick to recover
In most cases of corona sufferers, it is seen that most begin to feel better after weeks.
Source: New York Times