In the war against the outbreak of Coronavirus, PM Modi has announced a 21-day lockdown of the entire country. This lockdown has started at 12 am on Tuesday night. Which will continue for the next 21 days. Hence, there are doubts among people about which services will be closed and which services will continue. PM Modi also said during his speech that people should not be disturbed. After PM Modi’s speech, the Home Ministry released the guideline.
मैं समस्त देशवासियों को आश्वस्त करता हूँ कि लॉकडाउन के समय देश में आवश्यक चीजों की कोई कमी नहीं होगी।
केंद्र सरकार सभी राज्य सरकारों के साथ मिलकर इसके लिए पर्याप्त प्रयास कर रही है।
किसी को भी घबराने की ज़रूरत नहीं है, इस लड़ाई में पूरा देश एक साथ है। https://t.co/4n0JCsTuZb
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) March 24, 2020
According to the home ministry, these services will be banned
- All shops except grocery and medicine will remain closed.
- All educational institutions including hotels, motels, religious places will also be closed.
- Public places such as malls, cinema theatre, gyms, spa, sports club will remain closed.
- All transport services, road services, rail services, and air services will remain suspended during the lockdown.
According to the home ministry, These services will continue
- Banks, insurance offices, printing machine, and electronic media will be open
- Hospitals, nursing homes, police, fire stations, ATMs will continue to work
- Delivery of medicine, medical treatment through e-commerce will continue.
- Internet, broadcast and cable service will continue.
- Petrol pumps, LPG pumps, gas retail will be open.
Other Rules for lockdown
- No more than 20 people are allowed to gather during the funeral.
- Sentenced to 2 years for making false claims in the name of getting relief.
- Executive magistrates will be deployed by the District Magistrate to enforce the lockdown.
- Not follow the government directive or spreading false information can result in a sentence of up to one year.